Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011 in Review

Well here we are and a new year is upon us. How did that happen? When I was younger it seemed like it took forever for a year to pass and i would always hear my parents say that time flew by. Well, now i know what they were talking about. You blink and it is December again.

I wanted to do a year in review like i have seen several people do but i don't really feel prepared. I didn't really log anything along the way. But just on the fly, I do have a few major things that i can think of and i even happen to have a few pictures to match so here you go!

January was a good month for both me and my husband (Jams) career wise. His tiny company was bought out by a big corporation based out of St. Louis. This transition came with a 1 year guaranteed job and a raise. (Woo!) At the same time I received a promotion from Customer Care Lead to Supply Chain Analyst. This also came with a nice little raise and a bonus system! (double woo!) This was all new territory for me but i will go on that tangent in a post on a later date.

In April my friend Devon and I ran our very first Half Marathon!! It was definitely one of the proudest moments of my life. I will write about that on a later date as well.

I'm a little fuzzy on the date but towards the end of Summer Jams and I finally achieved a childhood dream and got a Jeep Wrangler! (Jams hates the color but i love it!)

Lastly, this isn't really a milestone but I still want to mention it. Suddenly Jams got bit by the "gun bug" and it has become his number one hobby ever since. (i think it might have had something to do with that Thomas fellow he's been hanging around.) He eats, breathes, and sleeps guns now. And of course i like to tag along. :)


Well... that's all i have. I told you it wasn't much. But now that I know i want to do this kind of thing at the end of the year, i can be better prepared. I will makes notes and take more pictures. For some reason I am excited about 2012. Maybe just because i really like the number 12. When i was younger i always wanted either 3 or 6 as my jersey number in sports but both of those are very popular numbers so i decided to go with 12 and it just stuck. 

So here's to 2012! It's going to be a good year. I can just tell.
//Stacy//

No comments: