Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Evening Folks,

I said i would have my resolutions up this weekend and boy am i cutting it close. But, seriously, would Stacy do it any other way? Nope. Anyways, before we look forward, let's take a moment to look back at my resolutions for 2011 and how i did:

  • Complete a half marathon - SUCCESS 
  • Work on Arm Strength - FAIL
  • Reach Goal Weight - FAIL
  • Educate Myself on Eating Better - FAIL
  • Use Less Paper - SUCCESS
  • Pay Off a Loan - FAIL
  • Be Less Selfish - FAIL
So... about those resolutions... yea, they were a big ball of fail. I know what really hurt me, i blogged about them (late) and then never thought about them again. I shouldn't even really say i had resolutions last year because really i just considered having resolutions and then dropped it. To make things even worse, not only did I not reach my goal weight but i made it 1.6 lbs (down 18.4 lbs) from my midway goal and then just quit and now i am very few pounds from my original weight. Talk about depressing. But that just goes to show that, yea, i lost weight but i did nothing to educate myself along the way. Once i stopped counting calories i couldn't make the decisions to maintain my weight. At first i started making a few exceptions for fastfood, extravagant desserts, and huge portions but eventually they worked themselves back into my normal routine and back came the weight.

Anyways, enough about 2011, on to 2012! This year i have a list of resolutions and i am actually very excited to work on every single one of them. Something just clicked on January 1st and i have been on crack (not literally!) ever since then. Not just at home either, I started a new routine at work and i have been kicking butt there too. I have finished my workload by lunch and left with a maximum of 3 emails in my inbox, all in which i needed a response before i could proceed. This is a change from a workload that i never completed everything in a single day and emails that i would have to work a 11 or 12 hour day to even get control of. Witnessing these accomplishments everyday has been very empowering! Luckily coming at a time when i was so down on myself and thinking that i may not be skilled or smart enough to handle the new position. If i can keep this up, i will rock people's socks off!

Oh yea, i guess i should stop flapping my jaws and list the resolutions so we can get to the meat of this meatloaf (what?):
  1. Work Towards Living a Healthy Lifestyle
    • Less Fastfood
    • Practice Portion Control
    • Make Smarter Choices
    • Exercise Regularly
  2. Focus on House Projects
    • Clean Regularly
    • Complete Sweep Twice/Year
    • Decorate
    • Home Improvement To-Do List
  3. Get More Organized
    • Recipes
    • Contacts
    • Learn Evernote
  4. Visit Grandparents Once/Month
  5. Be More Positive
  6. Maintain Blog
  7. Keep a Journal 
  8. Learn to Knit and/or Crochet
  9. Pay off Scion Loan
There they are in all their glory! Quite a list, huh? I don't think any of them are too complicated though. The Healthy Lifestyle section will definitely be my biggest challenge. There are just so many fad and fake sources out there for food that it makes it hard to find the true basic stuff. I'm thinking about just looking for some old nutrition textbooks to be honest. I think that would be the most genuine material. Maybe I could even find a non-credit nutritional class. Hmmm... (gears are turning!)

Anyways, that is all i want to touch on these right now or else i will end up with a blog entry that is gigantic. I'll post an entry on each resolution and go more in depth over the next few days. For now i am going to pack my lunch for tomorrow (planning ahead!) and get in bed so i can accomplish amazing things at work and come home to start my workout routine on the Kinect or Wii. (I plan to alternate)

What are your resolutions? I want to hear them! Point me to your blog post so I can read about them!

Good Night!
//Stacy//

No comments: