Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolution #3 - Become a Morning Person

About 2 months ago I had decided I was going to try to become a morning person. The game plan then was to focus on going to bed earlier and so I could wake earlier. This included waking earlier on weekends then normal. I had a decent amount of success with this. For about 2 weeks it was perfect! I even woke up around 7am on weekends on my own which was previously unheard of.

But then the weekends become my weaknesses... I would stay up later thinking to myself "I can get back to my normal schedule tomorrow". That turned into me staying up late all weekend and then Mondays became harder and harder and eventually I was back to my old routine again.

A down side to becoming a morning person is the lack of excitement on vacations. When we went to Chicago, since we were an hour behind I would get tired at 9pm so I'm sure I wasn't much fun to have as a guest in a big city where there is always tons of nightlife. O'well, there are are downsides to everything, i suppose.

GAMEPLAN
• I plan on getting back into the routine of going to bed early (between 9:30-10).
• First two weeks: Wake up at 7am EVERYDAY, this includes weekends!
• After two weeks: Wake at 6:30 Mon - Thurs. Wake at 7:30 Fri - Sun.
• DO NOT PRESS THE SNOOZE BUTTON EVER!! Every morning I press the snooze button and every morning I feel groggier afterward and regret it. Snooze button is NOT allowed.

Ideally I would like have a job where I could sleep late and wear jeans everyday but until I find that job, I guess I better start working on making the best of what I have now. If I don't, I think Mondays will be the death of me.

No comments: