Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolution #2 - Be a Better Granddaughter.

This one is plain and simple - I am lucky enough to still have grandparents alive on both sides of my family and I take them for granted. I see my mom's mom usually only on holidays and I see my dad's parents about once a month. This is unacceptable!

Something I have learned about myself is that I have a horrible sense of time. James and I will be talking about something and I could swear that is just happened 2 or 3 days before and then when I really think about it, it has been over a week! I'm not making excuses for me ignoring my grandparents but having no sense of time definitely adds a challenge to this resolution. The only solution I know here is set a visit day and write it on my calendar and if something comes up make sure I reschedule right then.

I'm going to aim for 1 visit every 2 weeks for each set of grandparents. I'm not sure if I will visit in the same week or alternating weeks. I'll figure that out as I go.

First visit: Saturday, 16th.

No comments: