Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Only 4 days and I've learned so much!

First things first, when i really get to typing my fingers don't like to capitalize "i" so i know it is probably annoying to you perfectionist people but that's just the way i type and lucky for me most things auto correct it, unlucky for you Blogger does not. Alright, now that I have that out of the way, on with the topic at hand.

Week one with my new resolutions is only half over and i've already learned a few things...

1. Going from 3-4 snoozes to zero is impossible (yea, you heard me, impossible!) So i've taken a baby step and only hit it once. So instead of waking up at 7 I wake up at 6:50 and hit snooze once. Eventually I will get to the no snooze thing.

2. I've made some good food choices but have also made some bad ones. One was lack of knowledge and the other was just not thinking. James and I went to Firehouse for lunch on Tuesday and I love the Smokehouse Brisket there so i figured i would get it and just leave off the mayo and pick wheat bread. Well... I got back to work and looked up the calories only to find that it was still 740 calories even without the mayo! ridiculous! The other bad choice was that i didn't look at serving size so when i thought i was eating 300 calories i actually ate somewhere between 750 - 900!! I almost cried! (okay, not really but i was really upset).

So from this i reaffirm i need to look up the calories BEFORE i eat something. In both cases if i had paid closer attention to the nutritional facts i would not have made the mistakes. Lesson learned.

3. Always take my workout clothes with me. I unexpectedly had to work over on Monday and James had said he wanted to to go to the gym with me and we planned for me to swing by the house to get him on the way to the gym. Well during the middle of the day he decided that he didn't want to go workout because he didn't have any gym pants (only shorts) and was afraid he would freeze! I should have been able just to go straight to the gym but nooooo because I had planned to go back home so I didn't bring my clothes. Then since i had to work late by the time i got home to get my clothes it was so late the gym would be closing soon. There are 2 lessons here... always take my clothes and don't go home before the gym!


OVERALL
• I have done really well on going to the gym. I have decided to do Yoga on Tuesdays and Thursdays to add a little variety to my workout and i just really like it.

• I haven't done so well on the food. I didn't track my food on Sunday but on Monday i had 1320 calories which was great but then on Tuesday i had the outrageous 2090 and today i haven't fully calculated them but this was the lunch that i messed up on so I know it is WAY over 1300.

• The morning person thing is rough. I have been getting in bed at 11 instead of 1030 so i'm paying for it in the morning. I didn't expect it to be easy though.

• One issue I am having is I get home from the gym way too late so by the time i cook dinner it is already 8:00 which is way too late to eat dinner. I hope once i get better at this morning person thing that i can start going to the gym in the morning.

I'm not giving up hope yet. I can see this resolutions thing will be challenging but I'm still having fun! Wooooo!

No comments: